Please note that this product has been discontinued by the manufacturer, existing devices will continue to be supported until July 21, 2026. For new deployments, the MR46E model is the direct replacement for this product. Please feel free to contact us for availability of new models at 1-855-462-9434 or via email.
General purpose, cloud-managed 802.11ac wireless indoor access point
The Cisco Meraki MR42E is a 100% cloud-managed 3x3 MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2 access point. Designed for general purpose deployments in businesses, education, healthcare, retail and hospitality environments, the MR42E provides performance, security, and manageability. The MR42E provides a maximum 1.5 Gbps frame rate with concurrent 802.11ac Wave 2 and 802.11n 3x3:3 MIMO radios, and security and spectrum visibility via a third radio dedicated to 24x7 WIDS/WIPS and automated RF optimization. An integrated Bluetooth low energy (BLE) radio delivers Beacon functionality and BLE device scanning. The MR42E supports a variety of smart, auto-detectable external antenna that can deliver both focused, targeted coverage in challenging RF scenarios as well as broader coverage in a variety of environments, including those with very high ceilings. These antenna include panel and panel downtilt omni-directionals, wide patch, and narrow patch options. The combination of cloud management, 802.11ac Wave 2, full-time RF environment scanning, and an integrated Bluetooth technology delivers the high throughput, reliability, and flexibility required by the most demanding business applications like voice and high-definition streaming video, both today and tomorrow.
• External antenna connectors (antennas sold separately)
• 3 x 3 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2
• 1.9 Gbps aggregate dual-band frame rate
• 24 x 7 real-time WIPS/WIDS and spectrum analytics via dedicated third radio
• Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon and scanning radio
• Enhanced transmit power and receive sensitivity
• Full-time Wifi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
• Integrated enterprise security and guest access
• Application-aware traffic shaping
• Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
• Sleek, low-profile design blends into office environments
• Optimized for voice and video
All Meraki products use the Meraki cloud for centralized management and control. The Meraki cloud is licensed on a “per device, per year” basis and is required for each device to operate. Licensing options may differ between products.
In addition to Meraki Cloud Access; license features include:
- Lifetime* hardware warranty and advanced overnight replacement at no additional cost
- Frequent Security and Firmware Upgrades
- 24 x 7 Cisco Meraki Support
For further assistance or questions, please call 1-855-462-9434 to speak with a Rhino Networks Cisco Meraki Specialist.
*Excluding accessories (1YR), outdoor access points (1YR), security cameras (3YR or 5YR depending on model) and environmental sensors (3YR).