High-Performance Wi-Fi 6E wireless
Tri-band 802.11ax-compatible access point with separate radios dedicated to security, RF management, and Bluetooth® coupled with a USB port for added connectivity options.
Flexible Deployment Options
With the flexibility to choose between cloud- and on-premises management, the Catalyst 9164 Series Access Point ensures network investment protection and unlocks the power of hybrid work. The Wi-Fi 6E-compliant access point takes advantage of the 6-GHz band expansion to produce a network that is more reliable and secure, with higher throughput, more capacity, and less device interference. The access points come with three 4x4 radios and provide a host of cutting-edge features.
With the industry’s leading network architecture (Catalyst) joining the industry’s leading cloud IT platform (Meraki), this access point provides an unparalleled network experience. For organizations that need solutions to power hybrid work, and that allow their people to work anywhere at any given time with elevated, secure, and connected experiences, the Cisco Catalyst 9164 Series Access Points are the best choice.
Operational management is not static, as customers are able to change their network management whenever they want. If a network with Cisco Catalyst 9164 Series Access Points was originally an on-premises deployment, it can be changed to cloud-based management without the need to purchase and redistribute additional hardware.
Cisco Meraki Cloud Management
Pairing the Cisco Catalyst 9164 Series Access Points with the Meraki cloud platform gives organizations a unified IT experience for network monitoring and management. The Meraki dashboard provides an intuitive and interactive web interface connecting your network to the industry’s leading cloud IT platform.
Through the dashboard, Meraki provides sophisticated and scalable tools to automate network optimization, deploy policy and segmentation configurations across thousands of sites and devices, and manage a full-stack network from SD-WAN to Access to IoT technologies. The platform supports over 3.5 million active networks around the world.
Working together, the Catalyst 9164 Series and Cisco Meraki offer such features as:
● Cisco DNA Spaces
● Cisco Identity Services Engine
● Meraki Health intelligent optimization and assurance
● Meraki Vision, smart cameras, and sensors for network closet monitoring
Cisco DNA and Catalyst 9800 WLC support
Cisco Catalyst 9164 Series Access Points can also be paired with Catalyst 9800 WLC and Cisco DNA Center. Cisco DNA Center allows you to understand your network with real-time analytics, quickly detect and contain security threats, and easily provide network-wide consistency through automation and virtualization.
Working together, the Catalyst 9164 Series and Cisco DNA offer such features as:
● Cisco DNA Spaces
● Cisco Identity Services Engine
● Cisco DNA Analytics and Assurance along with Intelligence Capture (iCAP)
For information about Cisco DNA, refer to the Cisco DNA Solution Overview.
CW9164 and Meraki cloud management
Management of the CW9164 is through the Meraki cloud, with an intuitive browser-based interface that enables rapid deployment without time-consuming deployment complexity and time-consuming staging process. Since the CW9164 is self-configuring and managed over the web, it can be deployed at a remote location in a matter of minutes, even without on-site IT staff.
24x7 monitoring via the Meraki cloud delivers real-time alerts if the network encounters problems. Remote diagnostic tools enable immediate troubleshooting over the web so that distributed networks can be managed with a minimum of hassle.
The CW9164’s firmware is automatically kept up to date via the cloud. New features, bug fixes, and enhancements are delivered seamlessly over the web. This means no manual software updates to download or missing security patches to worry about.
- 2x2:2 (2.4GHz) + 4x4:4 (5GHz & 6GHz) MU-MIMO 802.11ax
- 7.49 Gbps tri-radio aggregate frame rate
- 24x7 real-time WIDS/WIPS and spectrum analytics via dedicated fourth radio
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon and scanning radio
- Single 2.5 Gbps mGig Ethernet port
- USB 2.0 host interface (Type A connector) with a 4.5W power budget
- Enhanced transmit power and receive sensitivity
- Full-time Wi-Fi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Optimized for voice and video
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Sleek design blends into office environments
All Meraki products use the Meraki cloud for centralized management and control. The Meraki cloud is licensed on a “per device, per year” basis and is required for each device to operate. Licensing options may differ between products.
In addition to Meraki Cloud Access; license features include:
- Lifetime* hardware warranty and advanced overnight replacement at no additional cost
- Frequent Security and Firmware Upgrades
- 24 x 7 Cisco Meraki Support
For further assistance or questions, please call 1-855-462-9434 to speak with a Rhino Networks Cisco Meraki Specialist.
*Excluding accessories (1YR), outdoor access points (1YR), security cameras (3YR or 5YR depending on model) and environmental sensors (3YR).