Meraki MG51 Cellular Gateway
Connectivity is critical for any organization that depends on reliable internet access in order to function. Wireless WAN connectivity options, such as cellular networks used to serve as a reliable backup internet uplink in the event of a primary uplink failure. However, with 5G providing wired like speeds, MG51 provides an alternative to wired connection, providing same day connectivity and simpler management via the Meraki dashboard.
The MG51 cellular gateway simplifies the path to wireless WAN connectivity over 5G and makes cellular a viable primary uplink option for many networks bypassing the necessity for wired circuits. The MG51 acts as a gateway to the internet cellular networks by converting 5G and LTE signal from a cellular provider to an Ethernet handoff, which can be used as an internet uplink for a variety of use-cases.
MG51 can work with any routing or switching device, Meraki or non-Meraki. With additional 802.3at compatibility, the MG can be placed anywhere and powered via power over ethernet (PoE) like any access point. This gives users the option for optimal physical placement for signal quality - a cornerstone for wireless WAN communications.
- Built in 5G Sub 6GHz with CAT20 LTE failover connectivity
- Dual SIM support
- Supports 2 separate downstream router connections
- Small form factor
- PoE+ or DC powered (PoE injector or AC adapter sold separately)
- IP67 rating
- Manageability from the Cisco Meraki dashboard
- Self-configuring Cellular Gateway
- Automatic firmware upgrades with scheduling control
- Extensive API support
- Email, SMS and Mobile push notification alerts
- Ping, traceroute, cable testing, and link failure detection with alerting
- Remote packet capture
- Combined event and configuration change logs with instant search
- DM logging via Local Status Page
All Meraki products use the Meraki cloud for centralized management and control. The Meraki cloud is licensed on a “per device, per year” basis and is required for each device to operate. Licensing options may differ between products.
In addition to Meraki Cloud Access; license features include:
- Lifetime* hardware warranty and advanced overnight replacement at no additional cost
- Frequent Security and Firmware Upgrades
- 24 x 7 Cisco Meraki Support
For further assistance or questions, please call 1-855-462-9434 to speak with a Rhino Networks Cisco Meraki Specialist.
*Excluding accessories (1YR), outdoor access points (1YR), security cameras (3YR or 5YR depending on model) and environmental sensors (3YR).