Meraki MV 180 Day Cloud Archive
Meraki MV Cloud Archive
Featuring integrated solid state storage onboard every camera, the MV product line has revolutionized the typical surveillance architecture, completely eliminating the need for a network video recorder (NVR) or other storage server. Using optimized retention tools in the management dashboard, users can make informed decisions about balancing video quality with their organizational retention needs, ensuring they achieve the perfect balance.
Still, there are times when legal requirements or other regional regulations may necessitate longer durations of continuous 24/7 recording or off-site backup. Cloud archiving options for MV cameras fill in these gaps by allowing for 30, 90, 180 or 365 days of continuous backup recording.
How does it work?
• Copies of video are stored on both the camera and in the cloud
• Video files stored in the cloud are always continuous, 24/7 footage
• The camera is always prioritized over the cloud by the dashboard for video retrieval (unless the camera is either unreachable by the cloud or the timestamp of the video file being requested is older than what is supported)
• If the camera goes offline, it will still record footage as long as it has power, but this footage will not be backed up until it regains a connection to the WAN
• 30, 90, 180 and 365 day license options are available, on a per-camera basis
• Provides a solution for backup, offsite, or longer-duration video storage
• Can be applied to individual cameras
• Enabled in just a couple of minutes
• Supported by data centers in the EU, North America, and Australia